Choosing the Right Bluetooth Headphones help you get the best sound quality with The Wirecutter guide. Bluetooth headphones give you the freedom to listen not only wirelessly but with noise-cancelling audio purity.
The Best Bluetooth Headphones
- The Tune 510BT wireless headphones feature renowned JBL Pure Bass sound, which can be found in the most famous venues all around the world.
- With Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Streaming, you can stream wirelessly from your device and even switch between two devices so that you don't miss a call. Dynamic frequency response range (Hz) 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- For long-lasting fun, listen wirelessly for up to 40 hours and recharge the battery in as little as 2 hours with the convenient Type-C USB cable. A quick 5-minute recharge gives you 2 additional hours of music.
- JBL DEEP BASS SOUND: The sound of your last concert, for your ears only. Enjoy deep bass powered by the 8mm drivers. Bluetooth deliver up to 30 feet of wireless range but can be variable depending on the environment/walls/ electronic device, etc.
- Product Note : If the size of the earbud tips does not match the size of your ear canals or the headset is not worn properly in your ears, you may not obtain the correct sound qualities or call performance. Change the earbud tips to ones that fit more snugly in your ears. No voice assistant feature available
- 20H BATTERY: With 5 hours in the earbuds and 15 hours in the case, the JBL Vibe 100TWS true wireless earbuds can keep up with your rhythm all day long.
- 1. Clear Call Enhancement Based on 4 Mics Technology: Each earbud has a main microphone and a vice microphone, 4 microphones work together to monitor the sounds around you, help isolate speaking and suppress the most disruptive sound, hence the wireless earbuds deliver great clarity for your calls wherever your make or take them. Make sure you can hear the caller and the caller can hear what you say.Design for business and commute.
- 2. Multifunction Charging Case：Each earbud can get 8hrs playback on a single charge. 2200mAh charging case supports 12.5 times of recharging for both earbuds, gives up to 100 hours continuous music time. And the case is compatible with wireless charger which offers you another convenient charging method. LED power display on the case can help check the charging status of earbuds and charging case.
- 3. IPX5 Waterproof and Comfortable for Sports：IPX5 waterproof effortlessly protects the earbuds from slight raindrops or sweat during intense workouts. Equipped with soft,flexible and secure ear hook in a lightweight design and three different sizes of eartips for choice, which make sure they'll stay comfortabley firm in place and won't fall off. Widely applied to running,exercises,gym,travel.
- High-performance wireless Bluetooth headphones in satin silver
- Features the Apple W1 chip and Class 1 wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- With up to 40 hours of battery life, Beats Solo3 wireless is your perfect everyday headphone
- 【 HI-FI WIRELESS HEADPHONES】: High Definition Stereo Headphones, and advanced bluetooth 5.0 chip that aim to deliver you superior sound quality with high fidelity deep bass and crystal clear treble, Deep, accurate bass response, extended frequency range, rechargeable. Lose yourself in immersive music even in the lowest volume levels!
- 【 BLUETOOTH 5.0 HEADPHONES】: Our upgrade Bluetooth 5.0 technology ensures fast and stable connections to your Bluetooth devices and low latency during audio/video streaming. Headphones wireless provide high-quality built in mic for hands free calling.No more worries about audio dropouts during phone calls and music listening.
- 【BUILT FOR YOUR COMFORTABILITY 】: The Earmuff imitate human skin texture, ensuring lasting comfort. They are foldable and stretchable, which allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and excellent durability. Wireless Headphones is the best Choice for Travel, Sport and Every day use by Unisex Kids, Teens and Adults.
- 【Up to 60 Hours of Playtime】 With up to 60 Hours of listening time of our over ear headphones in Bluetooth mode, triple as much as other Bluetooth headphones, you'll always have music to inspire you. Come with a 3.5mm audio cable, regardless of whether you want to use wireless headset or wired headphones, Tuitager Bluetooth headset can satisfy you.
- 【HiFi Stereo Headphones】 With high definition stereo headphones, and advanced Bluetooth 5.0 chip, our foldable headphones aim to deliver you superior sound quality with high fidelity deep bass and crystal clear treble, lose yourself in immersive music even in the lowest volume levels! The goal that provide customers with outstanding sound quality is our constant pursuit.
- 【Optimized Sound Quality with 6 EQ Modes】 Tuitager adjustable headphones have 6 EQ modes which you can freely switch between Bass/Jazz/Voice/Rock/Pop/Classic sounds, each mode provides you with the CD quality sound. Tuitager portable headphones is always up to date for better sound effects and a better listening experience.
- Bluetooth V5.3 Technology and One-Step Auto Pairing: Adopting advanced Bluetooth V5.3, uaue wireless earbud support HSP HFP A2DP AVRCP, which offer you an unparalleled audio experience with faster transmission speed, stronger connection stability, and longer range of bluetooth. Taken from the charging case, they will be paired with each other automatically, and just hitting on bluetooth list i23L on your device to connect. In a matter of seconds, you are in euphonic music world.
- Unique Earhook Original Designed for Sport: Unlike ordinary bluetooth headphones, uaue sport bluetooth earbud are designed with soft, Superlight, flexible and secure fit earhooks aimed at fully fitting your ears without falling out even for intense workouts. Besides, IP7 waterproof effortlessly protects the sport headphones from heavy rain or sweat during intense workouts and all-weather conditions. Ideal for sports, running, hiking, jogging, travel, home office etc.
- HiFi Stereo Sound and CVC8.0 Noise Reduction: Bluetooth headset adopt with DSR lossless HD rendering technology and equip with premium 14.2mm dynamic driver-the drive area is 4 times than the normal drive area, making the bass punchier and midrange full and textured, treble crystal crisp. Also combined CVC8.0 noise reduction design and high quality microphone can filter out outside noise, allowing you to fully enjoy crystal clear calls.
- [Smart Touch Control] Specific touch control function makes it more convenient, tap once to play/pause music and answer calls, double tap to skip forward/backward, hold to adjust the volume. You can easily control it without operating the phone.
- [BLUETOOTH 5.3] Adopt the advanced Bluetooth 5.3 technology. TOZO T6 Support HSP, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, which greatly improve the transmission speed and providing you with a low-latency listening experience.
- [One step pairing] Pick up 2 headsets from charging case and they will connect each other automatically, then only one step easily enter mobile phone Bluetooth setting to pair the earbuds.
- Incredible Sound Loved by 20 Million+ People
- Hi-Res Audio: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res sound. Life Q20 active noise canceling headphones reproduce music with extended high frequencies that reach up to 40 kHz for extraordinary clarity and detail.
- Reduce Ambient Noises By Up to 90%: Our team of engineers conducted more than 100,000 tests in real-life scenarios to fine-tune Life Q20’s 4 built-in ANC microphones and digital active noise cancellation algorithm. As a result, the hybrid active noise cancellation can detect and cancel out a wider range of low and mid-frequency noises such as cars and airplane engines.
- The JBL Live 460NC wireless headphones feature 40mm drivers and a sound signature that can be found in the most famous venues all around the world.
- Keep the noise away and stay focused on the music with Adaptive Noise Cancelling. The Ambient Aware technology allows you to safely walk busy streets by increasing ambient sounds, while with TalkThru music is lowered and speech is amplified so you can easily chat keeping your headphones on.
- Get help from your preferred voice assistant using your voice or with a tap on the earcup. Activate Nose Cancelling or Ambient Aware, check the battery life or power off your JBL Live 460NC simply with your voice. Use the all-new JBL App to easily set your preferred voice assistants.
Bluetooth Headphones WireCutter Guide
Bluetooth headphones have come a long way from the early days of boom boxes and Walkmans. Today’s Bluetooth headphones are small and light, have battery-powered noise cancelling, work seamlessly with most audio devices and, above all, are cordless.
Bluetooth headphones have several advantages over their wired counterparts. Long gone are knots or tangled cords and the risk of getting the wire caught on something like a door handle.
Bluetooth is starting to take over wired connections, at least for mobile devices. Apple has removed the headphone jack from the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Apple includes a pair of Lightning EarPods and an adaptor for connecting your standard 3.5 mm headphones, but these may not be the best option. The EarPods have poor audio quality, don’t provide a strong seal and let in external noise. They fall out of your ears, too, which is incredibly frustrating.
If you decide to use your old headphones with the newest iPhone, you have to carry around a small, easy-to-lose adaptor. And if you forget it, you are out of luck and won’t have any way to listen to your music. Lose it and it’ll cost you about 10 bucks for a replacement.
On the other hand, many Bluetooth headphones are noise cancelling and have impressive sound quality, especially when it comes to bass. Not only that – they work wirelessly with a handful of devices besides your smartphone, whether it’s your laptop, smart TV, tablet or smartwatch.
For the best sound quality and overall performance, the JBL Tune 510BT, JBL Live 460NC, Sony Wireless Headphones WH-CH510 and the Bose QuietComfort 45 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones are our top contenders.
Bluetooth Headphones: What to Look for
During our Bluetooth headphone comparison, we found that certain features made the best headphones stand apart. Convenient features such as NFC (near-field communication), day-long battery life and easy-to-use remotes are just some of the liberating elements we looked for in top Bluetooth headphones.
The first thing you should look for with Bluetooth headphones is sound quality. While it’s only normal to want good-looking headphones, you shouldn’t sacrifice substance for aesthetics. Frequency response is one major factor to consider. Headphones with a wide frequency response offer the best and most clear sound at both high and low tones. The standard range is 20Hz to 20kHz, anything with a wider range is better though. You also want to look at the sensitivity and the headphones’ overall sound quality.
The best Bluetooth headphones have a good balance of strong bass and crisp middle and high frequencies. Larger drivers also aid in creating a full soundscape so look for 30 mm to 50 mm drivers. Many headphones also function as Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones so you get a quiet, wireless listening experience.
A convenient design is a major highlight of the best Bluetooth headsets. Most headphones have Li-Ion batteries or LiPo batteries. Li-Ion batteries last longer whereas LiPo batteries are smaller and weigh less. A good battery life will last at least eight hours in active Bluetooth mode and at least 20 hours in standby mode. Keep in mind that the heavier your headphones are, the less comfortable they will be to wear for a long period of time, so look for something less than 9 ounces.
A headphone’s design not only governs general aesthetics and comfort, but also sound quality. Over-ear ear cups are generally more comfortable and naturally block out extraneous noise for a rich, full listening environment. On-ear ear cups are much lighter but allow for sound to escape both ways.
Since these are wireless headphones, remotes are located on the ear cups instead of in-line on the cord. Some ear cups are easier to use than others, so look for headphones with numerous remote features for the most convenient control systems. Ear cups also include mics so you can make phone calls.
Top Bluetooth headphones have large wireless ranges so you’re not tethered to your phone, tablet or music device. Any range larger than about 30 feet will allow you to walk around your house or office without losing audio range. A detachable cable should also be included so you can listen passively if your battery dies on a long flight.
Features like aptX, NFC and an app greatly improve your audio quality and the headphones’ user friendliness. With aptX, your headphones don’t sound like the poor quality you expect from Bluetooth headphones, the audio is louder and richer. NFC (near-field communication) lets you tap your phone and Bluetooth headset together for faster pairing. By controlling the equalizer with the accompanying app, you have complete control over your musical experience.
Help & Support
After you purchase Bluetooth headphones, you might have questions about pairing devices or maintaining the headset so make sure you have access to email, phone or live chat support. Any smaller questions you have should be easily located in the FAQs page on the company website or the included user manual. A one-year to two-year warranty is standard.
For our Bluetooth headphones review, we found that the best products had more features than just Bluetooth to their name. Many are noise cancelling, have large wireless radiuses and have NFC and aptX capabilities. With all of these features combined, you’re sure to find the perfect set for wireless listening.